Monitor CAN FD/CAN Signals Without a Sub-Harness
NON-CONTACT CAN SENSOR SP7001, SP7002
The SP7001 and SP7002 are CAN and CAN FD signal sensors that use non-contact technology to accurately capture CAN bus signals necessary for vehicle and next generation equipment evaluation and development. Improve testing productivity and efficiency by eliminating the need to peel away cable insulation or use a sub-harness that is traditionally required to obtain signals.
• Acquire CAN data immediately, simply by hooking probes to the cables
• Eliminate concerns by using non-contact sensing technology
• Use in a diverse array of development and evaluation applications that demand reliability
Model No. (Order Code)
|SP7002-90||Supports CAN signals, SP7002, SP7100, SP9200 set|
|SP7001-90||Supports CAN FD / CAN signals, SP7001, SP7100, SP9200 set|
For customers purchasing a Non-Contact CAN Sensor for the first time, please refer to the following documents for the basic configuration of the product and how to select the right products:
Non-Contact CAN Sensor SP7001 : Capture vehicle network CAN signals over cable insulation
The SP7001 Non-Contact CAN Sensor is designed to capture CAN signals simply by clipping over the insulation of differential CAN bus wires. Eliminate impact to the ECU (Engine Control Unit) for stable and steady analysis and reduce prep time before testing.
Monitor CAN FD/CAN signals without a sub-harness
1. No modification of vehicle cables Acquire CAN data immediately, simply by hooking probes to the cables. 2. No impact on the CAN bus or ECUs Eliminate testing concerns by using non-contact sensing technology. 3. Accurate, reliable signal capture Use in a diverse array of development and evaluation applications that demand reliability.
Connect probes without worrying about CAN bus polarity
If you’re using automatic input polarity mode, the SP7001/SP7002 will automatically switch the input polarity to ensure you can capture CAN signals properly, even if the probes are connected in reverse relative to the CAN bus’s polarity (CAN_High/CAN_Low).
Designed not to trigger ECU security lock-outs
The SP7001/SP7002 acquires signals without changing the electrical characteristics of the CAN bus. Even if the vehicle is equipped with an ECU that has a security lock-out function designed to detect changes in the CAN bus’s electrical characteristics, you’ll be able to carry out testing without worrying about getting locked out.
Carry out testing on public roads with peace of mind since no vehicle modifications are needed
Because it acquires signals without making electrical contact, the SP7001/SP7002 is ideal for use in tests where CAN bus insulation cannot be modified. Also apply in the development of advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS) and self-driving technology.
Ideal for all development processes ranging from unit to vehicle testing
1. Reduce the number of man-hours needed to prepare the vehicle for testing and then restore to original condition The SP7001/SP7002 lets you acquire CAN data without time-consuming preparations such as fabricating sub-harnesses and modifying cables. In addition, all you’ll need to do after the test is finished is remove the sensors. There’s no impact on the vehicle. 2. Safely conduct noise application tests thanks to the isolated design When checking the operation of vehicle sensors and ECUs, for example with tests that apply noise, the sensor protects connected devices from damage and malfunctions caused by noise because it is isolated from CAN signal lines. 3. Fostering smooth validation The sensor makes it easy to conduct standalone and combination evaluations, including even sudden reevaluations following changes made to vehicle parts during the validation process.
Ever-increasing vehicle electrification and data volume
The number of ECUs in vehicles is growing rapidly as ADAS and other safety features are enhanced and as adoption of self-driving vehicles increases, leading to more complex CAN buses. The convenience of the Non-Contact CAN Sensor makes it easy to acquire the information you need.
|Detection method||Capacitive-coupled signal detection *No bare-wire connections|
|Detectable cables||AVS/AVSS-compliant cables, External diameter: 1.2 mm (0.05 in) to 2.0 mm (0.08 in)|
|Number of channels||2 (SP7100)|
|Compatible communications speeds||SP7001, SP7002: CAN 125 kbit/s to 1 Mbit/s|
SP7001: CAN FD 125 kbit/s to 3 Mbit/s
|Total delay time||130 ns (typical)|
|CAN terminal resistance||60 Ω (typical), built-in|
|Signal output connector||D-sub 9-pin female (CH1, CH2)|
|Operating temperature, humidity||Temperature: -40 °C to 85 °C (-40 °F to 185 °F)|
Humidity: -40 °C to 60 °C (-40 °F to 140 °F), 80% RH or less (with no condensation), 60 °C to 85 °C (140 °F to 185 °F), 60% RH or less (with no condensation)
|Power supply||(1) AC Adapter Z1008 (100 V to 240 V AC), rated power: 8 VA (including AC adapter)|
(2) External power supply (10 V to 30 V DC), rated power: 3 VA
|Dimensions and mass||SP7001, SP7002: 44 mm (1.73 in) W × 85 mm (3.35 in) H × 20 mm (0.79 in) D, 180 g (6.3 oz), Cable length: 2.5 m (8.20 ft)|
SP7100: 55 mm (2.17 in) W × 120 mm (4.72 in) H × 25 mm (0.98 in) D, 130 g (4.6 oz), Cable length: 0.3 m (0.98 ft)
SP9200: Probe: φ 11.6 mm (0.46 in) × 33.7 mm (1.33 in) H, Guard hook: φ 5 mm (0.20 in) × 11.8 mm (0.46 in) H, 26 g, Cable length: 0.5 m (1.64 ft)
|Accessories (SP7001, SP7002)||Quick stard manual (Japanese and English) ×1 each, Operating precautions ×1|
|Accessories (SP7100)||Quick stard manual (Japanese and English) ×1 each, Operating precautions ×1, Spiral tube ×1, Power cable L9500 ×1, Alligator clip ×1, Ground connection cable ×1|