1. The measured values are abnormal.
2. The instrument display shows “----.”
3. The instrument display shows “OF.”
Causes and solutions
1. There is a wiring break in the test leads. → Replace the test leads.
*Test leads that have been bent frequently in the past may develop a break in their wiring.
2. The test leads are not connected properly. → Connect the test leads properly.
3. The 3554’s fuse has blown. → Replace the fuse.
4. Zero-adjustment has not been performed properly. → Perform zero-adjustment properly.
5. An appropriate range has not been selected. → Select an appropriate range with the instrument’s range button.
6. The tip of the pin-type lead is damaged. → The tip pin on the 9465-10 and 9772 (9465-90/9772-90) is user-replaceable.